Blogger Widgets

2/21/12

ICON 2012: Great God

For 19 years now, SFC or the Singles for Christ all over the world gathers for the International conference or ICON. This year's ICON was held and hosted by Tagbilaran, Bohol, with the theme; Great God (Luke 1:46). This event is created for the purpose of renewing the faith, strengthening the bonds of every single brothers and sisters in Christ, to realize how great our God is, and last one is also to enjoy being in the community...hehe

"I am destined for greatness!!!".
Meet the campers. SFC Dumaguete delegates. Some of them are not yet there when we took this photo..sorry guys...hehe
We started the conference with a mass.
"Don't settle for a quality life, aim for a life live to the fullest".
We have talks and sharing of God's greatness when the evening comes.
"Be a channel of blessing for others. Blessed to bless."
"I am great because I have a great God".
"I live because I am loved".
"Allow Jesus to heal your wounds".
These lanterns symbolizes our sins that we need to let go.
"Don't look back at your faults, let it fly".
Evening worship and talks are emotional for me. It feels good to have that moment with your God. The experiences of God's greatness that has been shared by my fellow brothers and sisters are beyond inspiring. I myself is moved...:)
Run for Jesus.
The early morning praise and worship is one of my favorites. Cool wind blowing, sun rise afterwards, then fat burning for the fun-run...uh-mazing feeling!!..hehe

We have different workshops on the second day as part of the conference. I picked "Keep the fire burning." I seriously don't know what that workshop is all about.- I have not read the description...hehe my bad...hehe Anyway, I just thought about spiritual dryness. I am happy I did not raise my hand when Kuya Taffy- the speaker asked what our expectations are....hehe I was so surprised that it was all about sex and relationship.  The workshop would help you with your own struggles- sexuality in specific. This is for me the most sensitive topic of all, since most of us has already forgotten the reason why man and woman was created for in the context of God's teaching. Every single man and woman is being challenge by worldly pleasures.

"A person who knocks on a brothel is actually looking for God".
"I am worth the wait."

Interesting points, right?...:)
The workshop is not to totally answer your questions about your own sexual struggles but to at least figure out the reason for such. You need to go back to know the answer....:)

With conviction and with all our strength...praising and worshiping God for His goodness.
Under the blazing sun, everyone is but victorious. See how we forgot our own comfort  to just praise God. Never minding the heat and the sweat running through our faces. For the Lord, there is nothing we cannot do.
We have live online streaming via http://www.sfcicon.com/. We are a total of 6,500 delegates and 2,000 views online, for a total of 8,500!..cool, eh (wink)?

As we end this year's ICON, we all got to go back to our own respective homes with a renewed faith. The ICON has indeed reminded each one of us of the greatness of our God. We somehow need to respond to the call He has for us. I must tell you though that I am new to this community, and I am so blessed to be part of it. First time ICONer is an extreme honor for me. This is far from being great. It is greatness!! I now understand the true meaning of the promise the community has: SFC community is an opening to a life that is invisible to the world....xoxo!


2 comments:

Your lovely comment means the world to me! Thank you so much!